BongLoader.exe is a console application written in C#. I have developed and tested it on my windows system, but thanks to Mono it runs without any changes on my Linux Box. (DS209).
What does it do:
- it is executed via cron-job every 10 minutes.
- read settings from config file (BongLoader.exe.config)
- it checks if allready another instance of the applications is running. In this case the applications exits. (I don't want parallel downloads to minimize load on the NAS box).
- It asks the database for the next waiting item.
- If there is one it downloads the file from the Bong.TV server (http-get).
- during the downloads the progress field in the database is updated (and also the FinishDate).
- if the download was successfull the status is set to 'Finished'
- if there was an error during the download, Status is set to 'Failed' and the error(text) is written into ErrorText-field.
- the application writes to a log-file
- applications exits